Music and Reviews from Clare, Limerick, Waterford and sometimes further afield

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Berkley Court Lounge players

What a civilised spot the Berkley Court is. Following the evening reception at the IAYO Festival at the National Concert Hall my PR advisor and I repaired for a night cap to the lounge of this establishment where we were wonderfully entertained by Mr. Eamonn Monaghan at the piano with an eclectic mix of classical favourites . We particularly liked his rendition of Johnny Cash's Folsome Prison Blues. I was persuaded to join him for a couple of numbers . Eamonn tells me that he is an uncle to Philip Thomas well known in youth orchestra circles.
As I was leaving next morning harpist Brenda Molloy was just coming in to start her Sunday morning serenading. Unfortunately we couldn't dally any longer and hit the road for Waterford. I hope to hear Brenda when next in Dublin

1 comment: